The Early Education Program at Furlong Park provides a free child focused, play-based educational program for 3 – 4 year olds, who have a permanent, bilateral hearing loss of at least 40dB across 3 frequencies.
The program is delivered in both spoken English and Auslan (Australian Sign Language). Our aim within the Early Education Program is to facilitate the children’s development with an emphasis on their language development. The Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework (VELDF) guides and informs our learning program and focuses on extending children’s strengths. The VELDF recognises the parents as the child’s first teacher and the staff work closely with parents/caregivers to ensure that the children have the opportunity to develop and reach their potential.
The 5 learning Outcomes contained in the VELDF form the basis for the program development.
- Identity – Children have a strong sense of identity
- Wellbeing – Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
- Community – Children are connected with and contribute to their world
- Learning – Children are confident and involved learners
- Communication – Children are effective communicators
Enrolments for the Early Education Program are now open. Please contact the school and request a meeting with the Principal.